Set in an exquisite patch of English countryside, the stately Cliveden House boasts an illustrious history. Originally owned by the Duke of Buckingham – and host, over the years, to a procession of royals, politicians and socialites – today the property and its magnificent grounds are open to all.
Set amidst 376 acres of National Trust parkland in the rural splendour of Berkshire, with a glorious view of the River Thames, the location of this plush country estate is simply unbeatable. Whilst enjoying all the tranquillity of the countryside, Cliveden is less than an hour’s drive away from London, making it the perfect destination for a luxurious weekend getaway.
As a guest, you’ll have miles of woodland paths and beautiful formal gardens to explore – including the magnificent six-acre parterre fronting the estate. You can get lost in the giant yew tree maze, play tennis on the outdoor courts, indulge in a spa treatment or take a dip in one of the pools. Don’t miss out on traditional afternoon tea in the lavishly decorated Great Hall, and award-winning cuisine at the André Garrett restaurant.
Cliveden House, at a glance
• Award-winning five-star hotel set on a sprawling 376-acre estate in Berkshire
• Built in the 17th century by the Duke of Buckingham, the hotel retains its historic charm and is furnished with antiques, framed portraits and tapestries
• 38 splendid rooms and suites, each of which is uniquely styled and named after a person connected to the hotel’s history
• Italian marble bathrooms, classical decor and modern amenities combine
• Opt for one of the rooms facing the river for a truly awe-inspiring view
• Fine dining at the André Garrett restaurant, and more simple, informal fare at The Astor Grill
• Less than an hour away from London, and about 20 minutes from Heathrow Airport
• Owned by the National Trust
For leisure and pleasure
• Spend your leisure time exploring the estate and its picturesque formal gardens
• Indoor and outdoor tennis and squash courts
• Fully heated indoor and outdoor swimming pools
• Fabulous spa and fully equipped gym
• Children’s play area
• Enjoy a cruise on the Thames in one of the hotel’s vintage riverboats
• Nearby attractions include Windsor Castle, Bicester Village and LEGOLAND
• Polo, clay pigeon shooting and golf