There’s something in the atmosphere at Couvent des Minimes. Is it 300 years of history, or is it the fragrance of innumerable flowers blanketing a terraced, aromatic garden?
Choose a spot that looks down on the time-weathered buildings of the 17th century Couvent des Minimes – and beyond to the rolling Haute Province countryside – and spend a blissful hour in quiet contemplation. The grounds of Couvent des Minimes are a wonder of tranquillity and beauty. They comprise aromatic, pleasure and kitchen gardens arranged over 12 magnificent terraces, so it’s little wonder L’Occitane was inspired to create their world famous fragrances and beauty products on this spot.
Wander into the hotel itself and you’ll discover that the gardens aren’t the only reason to include Couvent des Minimes in your luxury, tailor-made holiday to France. This historic hotel and spa presents you with the perfect balance of ancient and modern. Including thick stone walls and arched windows, modern designer bathrooms and chic, contemporary décor.
Couvent des Minimes, at a glance
- Luxury hotel and spa set in acres of fragrant gardens
- Choice of 38 guest rooms opening out onto the inner courtyard of the Cloisters
- Solid oak furniture, WiFi and sophisticated entertainment systems
- Eight ultimately luxurious suites, including the two bedroom Maison de Mane and a romantic bridal suite in the church tower
- Cloisters restaurant, bar/restaurant and music and lounge bars
For leisure and pleasure
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Spar par L’Occitane with six treatments rooms, saunas, laconium, caldarium, steam and relaxation baths
- Fitness centre and tennis
- Golf course nearby
- Mediaeval town of Mane and excursions to L’Occitane factory, Museum of Flavours and Perfume, Ecomuseum of Olive, Observatory and Château de Sauvan