The Hotel de Toiras has stood on the edge of the harbour facing the Atlantic for almost four centuries. You’ll stand there a while too; it’s a sensational view!
The Hôtel de Toiras has been an intrinsic part of the Ile de Ré’s harbour for nearly four hundred years, and - if you make it part of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to the Saint-Martin de Ré region – you’ll find it gives you a real feeling for the island’s life and history. Its very facade seems to reflect the fortifications that have protected this tiny gem of an island for so long.
Inside you’ll find the traditions of Charente have been skilfully combined with all the amenities and comforts of a five star luxury hotel. Its most prestigious suite, for example, features chandeliers and a grand fireplace, plus sweeping balconies overlooking the harbour itself. The hotel’s highly recommended restaurant is similarly expansive, with doors leading to the garden patio.
Hôtel de Toiras, at a glance
- Luxury, five star hotel overlooking Ile de Ré’s harbour
- Choice of 11 guest rooms with individual décor, elegant bathrooms and – typically – beamed ceilings and gorgeous views
- Nine suites with superb harbour or old town views, spacious bathrooms and grand furniture
- Plus Villa Clarisse, a private 18th century mansion in the heart of the old town
- Renowned restaurant serving regional specialities
For leisure and pleasure
- Visit the market with a hotel basket – the chef will prepare dishes using your ingredients
- Sea fishing expeditions
- Helicopter flights over the island
- Nature reserve and bird watching, Abbey de Cháteliers and Saline Ecomuseum are all easily accessible
- Golf, tennis, cycling, kite surfing and parachuting available