From the scenic vineyard views to the extensive wine cellar, world-class spa and Michelin-starred restaurant, the Royal Champagne Hotel & Spa is the dream wine-country retreat.
As you sign the guest book, you may ponder how many hotels can claim Napoleon and his entourage stayed within their walls? The Royal Champagne was one of the Emperor’s favourites and he stayed here on his way to the sacred city of Rheims, coronation seat of the Kings of France.
Some things haven’t changed. The hotel is still the perfect base for a wine tour of this UNESCO-listed region; and still treats its guests like visiting royalty, offering them exquisite food at Michelin-starred Le Royal restaurant and a wine cellar that includes almost 300 different Champagnes. The décor is a modern take on the classic French style - homely, half-timbered buildings with ceiling beams, pedestal tables and roaring fires that lend a cosy feel.
Royal Champagne, at a glance
• 19th century coaching inn converted into a stunning wine retreat in Champillon
• Vineyard setting on the road to Rheims, only 6 km from Epernay
• Sweeping views over beautiful countryside and vineyards
• 49 large rooms and suites in total, decorated in classic French style with spacious dressing rooms and period furniture
• Stylish bathrooms with showers, baths and double washbasins
• Many suites have private terraces overlooking the vineyards
• Parquet floors, original beams and plenty of natural light through bay windows
• Michelin-starred Le Royal restaurant serves fine, gastronomic delights alongside rolling country views
• Chef’s Table offering innovative dishes in an exclusive setting
• Bellevue Bar and Bistro
For leisure and pleasure
• Extensive wine cellar with almost 300 different Champagnes
• Close to the vineyards and great Champagne houses of Epernay
• Wine tastings on the terrace overlooking the vineyards
• Within easy reach of Rheims, Hautvillers, Oger, the Palais du Tau, Foujita Chapel and Musée Saint-Rémi
• Numerous outdoor terraces and gardens to stroll through
• Summer Musical Evenings a speciality
• Enjoy hikes through sleepy villages, vineyards and forests
• Extensive spa with indoor and outdoor pools, Hammam, sauna, Jacuzzis, beauty salon, yoga studio and fitness room