Named after renowned hotelier Charles Forte, The Charles Hotel has an effortless grace that permeates all its 160 rooms and suites.
Those looking for an uncompromisingly luxurious stay should consider the Monforte Royal Suite, a sublime top-floor residence with 200 square metres of living space, curated antiques, a grand piano, private steam room and two walk-in rain showers. All rooms, however, are elegant havens in their own right, with some of the largest interiors in the city and views - from most - overlooking the Old Botanical Gardens.
Fresh, seasonal breakfasts, lunches and dinners can be enjoyed at Sophia’s Restaurant overlooking the gardens, but you can also choose to dine in the comfort of your room. The cosy library lounge is the perfect place to catch up on some reading – cup of tea in hand – whilst the spa offers you a state-of-the-art fitness centre, sauna and Munich’s largest indoor pool.
The Charles Hotel, at a glance
• Prestigious hotel built on the site of a former library in central Munich
• Superbly located close to the museum and gallery quarter, the artistic hub of Schwabing and Maximilianstrasse’s designer boutiques
• 136 bedrooms and 24 suites, all elegantly furnished with marble and limestone bathrooms
• Rooms are amongst the largest in the city
• Sophia’s Restaurant & Bar with terrace, serving seasonal regional cuisine and imaginative botanical cocktails
• 30 minute drive from Munich Airport
• 5 minute walk from the central railway station
For leisure and pleasure
• Warm, personal and efficient service
• Snug library lounge where you can enjoy drinks and light snacks
• The largest indoor pool in the city at 15m x 8m
• Modern, fully equipped fitness centre
• Signature, vitamin-rich treatments at the spa
• Sauna and steam room
• Ballroom for up to 300 guests