If you sail towards the Tremezzo, across beautiful Lake Como, you can hardly fail to be impressed. The beautifully-proportioned façade rises up against a background of majestic mountains – its Art Nouveau styling the perfect complement to the nearby Gardens of Villa Carlotta.
Small wonder, you’ll think to yourself, that it was a must-stay destination on the ‘Grand Tour’ and pleasing enough for Greta Garbo to call it ‘that happy, sunny place’ in the 1932 film ‘Grand Hotel’.
Looking out from the hotel will reward you with the finest views of the lake itself, whilst inside the hotel is a palace; a lovingly restored symphony of Belle Époque period décor, glorious balconies, drawing rooms and salons. And, of course, guest rooms that epitomise style and modern comfort.
Grand Hotel Tremezzo, at a glance
- One of the oldest and loveliest hotel on Lake Como
- Choice of 86 guest rooms with park or lake views
- Richly furnished with sumptuous fabrics, period furniture and antique paintings and prints
- 10 different suites, many with private balconies, drawing rooms and marbled bathrooms
- Honeymoon Suite Maria, combining the luxurious appointments with a fabulously romantic setting
- La Terrazza Restaurant – a complete fine dining experience
- Hotel and beach bars
For leisure and pleasure
- Unparalleled views of Belagio, Lake Como and the stunning Grigne Mountains
- Three swimming pools plus a sapphire blue lake
- Superb spa with full range of restorative and beauty treatments
- Fitness centre
- Fine, sandy beach and lido
- Lake trips on a period Venetian motor launch
- Water sports
- Golf, tennis, hiking and biking