Castello Banfi is a luxuriously beautiful Tuscan fortress, surrounded by the rolling hills of the Italian countryside and a world class vineyard and winery.
Saunter barefoot across the broad, flat flagstones of the cool courtyard and you will be able to feel – through the soles of your feet – the people who lived and walked here hundreds of years ago. You will have a sense of their way of life too – the tiny stone hamlet that surrounds Castello Banfi-Il Borgo, with its charming little streets, winding alleyways, quaint local shops and picturesque square, seems to have remained unchanged since it was built in the 1700s.
At the hotel, you’ll find some things have changed. Not its historic Tuscan architectural style, thick walls, colonnades and tiled roofs, of course – but make Castello Banfi part of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Italy and you’ll find the best of modern amenities in a timeless atmosphere.
Castello Banfi, at a glance
- A luxury hotel within a Tuscan fortress surrounded by lush vineyards
- Just 12 miles from Brunello and 44 miles from Siena
- Internal garden with graceful pergola
- Choice of just nine spacious rooms and five suites
- Raftered roofs and tiled floors complementing classic, individual styling and décor
- Open spaces and intimate nooks
- Shuttered windows
- Designer bathrooms
- Taverna serving impeccable Tuscan regional cuisine and wine
For leisure and pleasure
- Excellent swimming pool and sundeck overlooking the rolling green pastures of Tuscany
- Vineyard and state-of-the-art winery tours
- Wine tasting in the Enoteca
- Local hamlet walks
- Perfect base for exploring the stunning countryside, irresistible villages and fortress towns for which Tuscany is famed