What can you expect of a neo-classical masterpiece, standing in a commanding setting in the beautiful island city of Syracuse? Only the best of experiences.
You may well find that staying at the Des Etrangers Hotel & Spa is one of the high points of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Sicily. Expect a symphony of neoclassical style and elegance; bedrooms with ornate friezes and wonderful classical headboards; a stylish lounge that leads out onto a tiled terrace with spectacular views over the harbour of Siracuse.
Expect, also, an entrance hall in the grand manner; with ornate marble floors, stucco and gilt work and soaring ceilings. Furnishings that reveal craftsmanship in their every detail. A restaurant that is the last word in sophistication. A glamorous bar. A pool featuring lion’s head water spouts. And – above all - a five star setting that puts you at the heart of the historic town of Syracuse.
Des Etrangers Hotel, at a glance
- Fantastic, waterside setting on the island of Ortigia
- Choice of guest rooms, deluxe sea view rooms and junior suites
- Infinitely stylish décor with floor to ceiling windows opening onto a private balcony with stupendous views
- En suite bathrooms with showers or whirlpool baths
- Suites have Art Nouveau style furnishings, balconies or terraces and designer en suites
- La Medusa, Roof Garden and La Pergola restaurants, plus relaxed bar
For leisure and pleasure
- Arethusa & Wellness spa
- Sauna, Turkish bath, Jacuzzi, cot cloud ice fall and massage
- Roof garden and bar with cocktails and superb, sun-downer views
- Fitness centre with personal trainer
- Easy access to Syracuse’s ancient harbour