The art of Florence is inescapable; especially if you stay in the Four Seasons, where every room is a masterpiece, featuring Renaissance-style ceilings, artefacts and period sculptures.
Your eyes are drawn inevitably from the complexity of the marble floors, upwards by towering columns to the ceiling above you. Masterly depictions of Adam and Eve, archangels and cherubs create a canopy of Renaissance religious stories, breath-taking in its execution. But no, you are not visiting a Florentine cathedral, or one of the city’s grand palaces. You are in the Four Seasons, Florence.
The architecture alone – the lounge with its vaulted ceilings and glittering chandeliers, the bedrooms with their painted ceilings and stunning views – make the Four Seasons a grand place to stay on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Italy. And that’s without counting its setting, offering easy access to Florence’s most important sights, and its walled botanical gardens adjoining a 15th century palazzo.
Four Seasons, at a glance
- Ultimately luxurious, five star hotel close to the major sight-seeing opportunities of Florence
- Featuring the 11-acre walled Giardino della Gherardesca
- Choice of 69 guest rooms and 44 exuberant suites
- Décor is pure Renaissance with modern amenities like en suite bathrooms
- Guest rooms available in the 500 year old Palazzo della Gherardesca and the 16th century convent
- Dining options include al fresco on Il Palagio Terrace, beside the Ponte Vecchio or in the fine restaurant overlooking Florence’s red tiled roofs
For leisure and pleasure
- Delightful swimming pool in the midst of the garden’s centuries old trees, period statues and pergolas, fountains and Ionic temple
- Beautiful spa with 10 treatment rooms, set in the garden
- Range of fitness facilities and a whirlpool spa
- Superb access to the tiny historic streets, fine squares, romantic bridges and riverside walks of Florence
- Close to the city’s major cathedral, galleries, museums, palaces and churches
- Upmarket shops and fashion houses within easy reach
- Classic, sports or luxury car rental