In a city famed for its art and architecture, the Helvetia & Bristol more than holds its head up – the hotel is part of the city’s history.
As you approach the Helvetia & Bristol along the beautiful Via dei Pescioni, you will completely understand why it is the hotel of choice for many of Florence’s most distinguished visitors. Nobel prize winners like Mikhail Gorbachev, Bertrand Russell, Pirandello and Enrico Fermi have all made the Helvetia & Bristol their Florence home-from-from. As have composers like Stravinsky, artists like de Chirico and, of course, you.
The exterior of the building follows the architectural heritage of Florence in the1800s, and when you step inside you’ll find the period effect continues in an effortless flow of period décor and carefully renovated features. So today you’re treated to a glimpse of Florence during its most elegant, aristocratic era – complete with antique furniture and walls hung with 17th century masterpieces.
Hotel Helvetia & Bristol, at a glance
- Unrivalled, central setting just steps away from the Brunelleschi Duomo
- Choice of classic, single and double guest rooms
- Furnished in period style with grand paintings, silks and brocades
- Most feature photogenic views of the ancient city
- Range of sumptuous suites with their own individual décor and personality
- Truly aristocratic dining experience, plus a welcoming bar
For leisure and pleasure
- Perfect base for immersing yourself in the feast of art and history that is Florence
- Opposite the Palazzo Strozzi – a Florentine Renaissance masterpiece
- A few steps from the Duomo and Giotto’s Campanile with its incomparable views over Florence
- Close to dazzling shops, world famous galleries and restaurants
- Easy access to the Uffizi Gallery, Basilica di Santa Maria Novella, Ponte Vecchio, Palazzo Pitti and the magnificent Boboli Gardens
- Winter garden with Liberty-style glass ceiling