Inspired by California’s Pelican Point – the place where its creators first met – Hotel Il Pellicano was originally a hideaway for the lovers and their close friends. But today it has blossomed into one of the most interesting of all the Leading Hotels of the World.
Make it a destination on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Italy and you’ll find it has retained all the glamour, all the atmosphere and romance from that swinging decade; combined with the dash of contemporary sophistication that has earned it five stars for excellence, and the acclaim of all who have stayed there. You can expect a fabulous hideaway in Tuscany’s lovely Maremma region, complete with sun-drenched views over the sea. Not to mention a stylish beach club and some irresistible dining options.
Il Pellicano, at a glance
- Five star luxury hotel with retro style from the 1960s
- Choice of 34 double rooms and 16 luxurious suites – including five master deluxe suites
- Private villas and quaint cottages scattered throughout the gardens
- Colourways include greens, blues and reds that reflect the countryside, the sea and the local cottages
- Interior design by Marie Louise Scio
- Il Pellicano restaurant with two Michelin stars, plus Pelligrill and La Cantina
For leisure and pleasure
- Heated seawater swimming pool
- Elegant beach club with a private beach accessed by a lift
- Pelliclub Health & Beauty spa fragranced by its own, specially created, perfume, plus a choice of wellness treatments and options
- Gym with personal trainers and pilates
- Personalised tastings and cooking classes by Michelin-starred and Gambero Rosso Fork-winning chef