At Villa del Quar you aren’t merely staying in a hotel close to 41 historic UNESCO sites, you’re living in a national monument dating back to 47 AD.
Art, culture and classical history surround you. You’re in a mansion built in Roman times. Friezes representing the goddess Minerva and the head of Medusa the Gorgon date back hundreds of years. There’s an Oratory that was created in the late 1700s. And this is just your hotel. Travelling only slightly further afield brings you to more wonders of antiquity. There are over 40 historical or cultural UNESCO sites within easy reach. The centre of Verona itself is little more than five kilometres away.
But history isn’t the only reason for staying at Villa del Quar on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Italy. The hotel also features modern innovations. A pair of helicopter pads, for example, a clover leaf-shaped pool and the best of contemporary Italian cuisine.
Villa del Quar, at a glance
- Historic mansion dating back to Roman times
- Just five kilometres from the ancient city of Verona
- Choice of 25 double rooms and suites
- Ultimately stylish neo-classical interior design and antique furnishings
- Superb views of the villa’s gardens – the master suite overlooks the pool and vineyards
- Glamorous en suite bathrooms
- Many rooms and suites feature raftered ceilings, wooden floors, period-style sitting rooms and four poster beds
- Dining options include the fine dining restaurant Arquade, plus three lounges, the Orangery, an outdoor restaurant and gazebo
For leisure and pleasure
- Tours of nearby Verona to see the works of masters like Tintoretto, Canaletto, Paolo Verone and Tiziano
- Explore the mediaeval town and Roman Verona with its arena, theatre, bridge, Leonia door and Porta Borsani
- Visits to the area’s fabled Venetian villas
- Easy access to Valpolicella’s lookout towers, Castels Scaligeri, Fumane Cave, Mantua and Venice
- Biking and hiking to Valpolicella, Lake Garda and along the ancient Claudia Augusta Roman road