At hand you have glorious sub-tropical gardens, a palatial spa and pool with inviting sun decks. At your feet, the Tagus River and the city of Lisbon.
Palace is a good description of this beautiful, 19th century hotel. Ultimately luxurious, it stands aloof in the prestigious diplomatic quarter, high on a hill overlooking the Tagus and the fascinating city of Lisbon.
Walk into the Palace gardens and you’ll be surrounded by fragrant flowers, shady palms and indigenous trees. Streams tinkle in the background whilst fountains twinkle in the sunlight.
Venture a little further afield and you can quickly find yourself in the city that legend says was founded by Ulysses. Its name actually comes from the Phoenician for ‘enchanted port’. That’s very apt; Lisbon is a potpourri of florid architectural styles, ancient churches and modern buildings, winding lanes and market squares, galleries and museums, quiet culture and sizzling nightlife.
Lapa Palace, at a glance
- Civilised setting in the diplomatic quarter, overlooking Lisbon
- Under 30 minutes from the airport
- Choice of 88 guest rooms and suites arranged in the Garden Wing and Villa Lapa
- Plus 21 rooms and the Suite Count of Valenças in the original Palace, featuring Vista Alegre porcelain and individually styled Art Deco, Colonial, Algarvian and Neo-Classic décor
- Lapa Restaurant serving traditional Italian cuisine, Le Pavillion pool restaurant and Rio Tejo bar
For leisure and pleasure
- Excellent outdoor swimming pool surrounded by sun decks and exquisite, sub-tropical gardens
- Indoor pool on 3rd floor
- Lapa Palace Spa offering relaxing massages and restorative treatments
- Turkish steam bath and sauna
- Fully equipped gym
- Convenient for Lisbon’s National Gallery, The Estrela Basilica, Orient Museum and cultural and historic sites