As a modern, five star hotel, the Gran Domine has very definitely perfected the art of welcoming - and caring for - today’s visitors in some style.
From the outside it’s clear that the world famous Bilbao Guggenheim Museum, which is opposite the Gran Domine and was designed by the revered architect Frank O. Gehry, has inspired the hotel’s creators to produce a design that is the most emblematic of the 20th century.
Its great, formal coherence is obvious once you step inside. It is a colourists microcosmos with a modern interpretation of the traditional courtyard, flowing interior design and furnishings that include witty and chic style icons. But the hotel’s real art is the way it focuses on human comfort. So your body will be pampered, as well as your eyes.
Gran Domine Hotel, at a glance
- One of Bilbao’s most desirable locations, opposite the Guggenheim Museum
- Choice of Domine and Guggenheim guest rooms plus suites, studios and triple rooms
- Designer furnishings and stylish en suites
- Most with stunning views over the Guggenheim Museum and green Bilbao hillside
- Guggenheim Club rooms have Philippe Starck designed bathtubs, positioned for museum views
- State-of-the-art entertainment systems
- Restaurant and bars
For leisure and pleasure
- Fitness centre and sun terrace overlooking the city
- Restaurant Doma and excellent Café Metropol
- Elegant lounge
- Buena Vistas Terrace with copper lattice canopy and fine views over the museum and the Ria
- Splash and Crash cocktail lounge
- Atrium and shop offering a wide choice of arty artefacts