Stay at the Tryp Ambassador Madrid and you won’t have to go far to experience a taste of one of Spain’s most colourful, energetic cities. You simply have to walk down the intricately wrought, grand staircase, beneath the glittering period chandelier in the atrium and through the grand reception hall with its great, rounded columns…and you’ll find yourself in one of the city’s most renowned tapas restaurants.
Step outside the hotel and you’re at the heart of the old city. In fact, the Tryp Ambassador is built on the site of Santo Domingo Convent, and the old palace that was once home to the Dukes of Granada de Ega. There’s still a palatial atmosphere, but today you’ll also enjoy all the modern sophistication of a world class hotel.
Tryp Ambassador Hotel, at a glance
- Central setting in Madrid’s old quarter
- Choice of 183 spacious and airy rooms, including: Tryp, Superior and Premium rooms, family rooms, Junior and Standard suites
- Most with high or gabled ceilings and balconies or terraces with great city views
- King-size beds, chic en suites, great connectivity and entertainment systems
- Modern and classically inspired décor
- Senado Restaurant plus the Tapas Room and Entre Patios Bar
For leisure and pleasure
- Well-equipped fitness centre
- Situated near the Royal Palace
- Close to the Almudena Cathedral, Theatre de la Opera, the Senate and Gran Via
- Walking distance to San Miguel Market, Puerta del Sol and the Sabatini Gardens
- Easy access to the prestigious Hapsburg district, Temple of Debod and Plaza de España
- Great base for visiting Madrid’s Botanical Gardens, Prado Museum and Retiro Park