One of the world’s most unique hotels, guests of the aptly named Treehotel in Swedish Lapland can literally sleep in the treetops.
Made up of seven uniquely designed treehouses, which include a reflective Mirrorcube, a Bird’s Nest and even a UFO, a stay at the Treehotel is an extraordinary experience. Hanging 4 - 10 metres off the ground in a tall pine forest, each treehouse comes equipped with underfloor heating, air conditioning, coffee makers and sustainable water systems. The Scandinavian-style interiors are beautifully bare and simple, with large windows that perfectly frame the beautiful landscape beyond.
Here, deep in Swedish Lapland, the Treehotel is an excellent place to reconnect and feel at one with nature. The property is year-round escape offering fishing and horse riding in summer and snowmobiling and skiing in winter, and on clear nights you’ll have a chance at catching the Northern Lights. The 7th Room’s panoramic sky-facing windows are purposely designed for viewing this magical phenomenon. Local produce is at the heart of the dining experience, with creative chefs delivering a seasonal, high-quality menu at the restaurant.
Treehotel, at a glance
- Remote, eco-friendly hotel located in a tall pine forest deep in Swedish Lapland
- Overlooking the Lule River Valley in Harads, a charming village of just 600 people
- Seven unique treehouses with Scandinavian-chic interiors, eco-toilets, underfloor heating, air conditioning, coffee makers, fresh drinking water, Wi-Fi and sustainable water systems
- ‘The Dragonfly’ and ‘The 7th Room’ enjoy the addition of their own showers
- Guests can also stay in the six-room Guesthouse where you’ll find a cosy fire and warm atmosphere
- Dine on seasonal meals featuring an array of local produce in the inviting wooden restaurant
For leisure and pleasure
- Get a front row view of the Northern Lights from your room, on a guided tour or from the hotel’s forest spa
- A full menu of year-round activities that include skiing, ice fishing, snowmobiling, horseback rides, moose safaris and forest hikes with experienced guides
- Just a day trip away from the Arctic Circle
- Two sauna houses and a hot tub
- Classic Swedish massages available on request
- Zip line on site