Nestled on the banks of the Limmat river, the Storchen offers its guests a home away from home in the heart of historic Zürich.
One of Switzerland’s oldest hotels, Hotel Storchen is first mentioned in the city’s archives back in 1357. For hundreds of years, it’s been celebrated for its hospitality and warm personal service, a reputation it has upheld to this very day. The interiors, following a recent multi-million renovation, are supremely elegant with bright marble floors, huge vases and countless motifs of the hotel’s namesake, the great white stork.
The 66 rooms and suites have also been newly designed. Light and airy with modern amenities and warm splashes of colour, rooms overlook either the Limmat or the city’s pretty old town. The main restaurant, La Rôtisserie, serves reimagined classics in the dining room or, when the weather is fine, out on the terrace overlooking the river. There’s also a cigar lounge, cocktail bar and piazza just outside the hotel where you can enjoy freshly cooked Italian food surrounded by the bustle of the old town.
Storchen Zürich, at a glance
• Sophisticated, centuries-old hotel in the heart of Zürich’s old town
• Renowned for its service and friendly staff
• 66 newly designed rooms and suites with velvet armchairs, marble bathrooms and plush carpets
• Views over the Limmat river or old town
• Stylish, river-facing La Rôtisserie restaurant serving classic dishes alongside impeccable service
For leisure and pleasure
• Cosy cigar bar offering a selection of 30 different cigars from around the world
• Barchetta Bar offering cocktails and fine food
• Seasonal rooftop terrace open from April to October
• Piazza in the middle of the old town serving modern Italian-inspired dishes
• Within walking distance of the old town’s churches and historic sights