Once owned by the Rajasthani Royal Family, Six Senses Fort Barwara has been lovingly, meticulously converted from a historic fort dating back to the 14th century.
With their rich fabrics and elegant furnishings, the 48 suites tastefully hint at the hotel’s regal past. Five of the suites are located within the historic fort’s walls, offering additional atmosphere. Every suite, however, is kitted out with the latest modern amenities, as well as handmade mattresses and cotton bedding to ensure a restful nights’ sleep. Depending on whether you’re in the east or west wing, you’ll enjoy a view across the countryside or Barwara village.
During your stay, you can relax by the outdoor pool and indulge in various Ayurvedic treatments at the sumptuous 30,000 square foot Six Senses Spa, which actually occupies the original women’s palace. Otherwise, you can make the most of an array of customisable activities, including heritage walks to nearby villages, cooking classes and picnics by the Banas River.
The property even has its own Observatory and Watch Tower for contemplating the constellations, whilst Ranthambore National Park, roamed by wild Bengal tigers, is only a 30-minute drive away. Back at the hotel, the two restaurants serve classic, sustainable cuisine inspired by the flavours of Rajasthan and using ingredients plucked straight from the organic garden. Dine in various atmospheric venues - including the fort’s observation tower.
Six Senses Barwara Fort, at a glance
- Stunning property converted from a 14th Rajasthani fort
- Two and a half hours from Jaipur
- Originally owned and occupied by the Rajasthani Royal Family
- Facing the Chauth ka Barwara Mandir temple
- 48 spacious suites oozing the regal ambience of a bygone era
- Amenities include sustainable toiletries, tea/coffee facilities, yoga mats, flat-screen TVs and Bluetooth speakers
- Suites in the East Wing enjoy views over the countryside while those in the West Wing look out over Barwara village
- Two restaurants serving sustainable, Rajashani cuisine emphasising local ingredients
- Environmental and Sustainability Policy focusing on energy efficiency, water/waste managing and commitment to the local community
For leisure and pleasure
- 24-hour GEM (Guest Experience Maker)
- 30,000 square foot Six Senses Spa and fitness centre offering daily classes and personalised wellness programs
- Yoga pavilion, meditation temples, nail bar and spa boutique
- Tiger safaris in Ranthambore National Park
- Indoor and outdoor swimming pools
- Gaze at the stars in the hotel’s Observatory and Watch Tower
- Heritage walks to Fort Barwara and local villages
- Cooking classes and organic garden/local market tours with chefs
- Children’s Club offering an array of fun indoor and outdoor activities
- Browse the Retail Boutique for designer clothing and local artwork
- Earth Lab showcasing the hotel’s sustainability efforts
- Destination dining
- Outdoor cinema experience