The aptly named ‘Peace Haven’ with its serene Indian Ocean views, Anantara is a modern-day paradise offering warm hospitality along Sri Lanka’s southern coast.
Framed by a coconut plantation and golden sands, the family-friendly Anantara Resort offers guests a tranquil space to unwind or explore the delights of Tangalle and its surrounds, from nature walks to surfing, whale watching and visiting pilgrimage sites. For wildlife enthusiasts, Yala National Park is less than a two-hour drive away. And whenever you need some pampering, the Anantara Spa provides the perfect sanctuary with its enticing menu of Ayurvedic treatments, but you can also enjoy a yoga or meditation session on the beach.
The light, bright and airy rooms are tastefully decorated in traditional Sri Lankan decor with rain showers and either a balcony or terrace - some with direct beach access. For added indulgence, why not opt for one of the villas that comes with its own private plunge pool. Dining is another highlight, with options that range from Italian cuisine at cliffside Il Mare to the teppanyaki restaurant Verele. The lobby lounge provides a delicious afternoon tea starring the finest Sri Lankan teas.
Anantara Peace Haven Tangalle Resort, at a glance
- Tranquil south coast hideaway set within an aromatic coconut plantation
- Spectacular views across the Indian Ocean
- 152 luxurious rooms and pool villas with either a balcony or terrace
- Rain showers with separate bathtubs
- Experience sensational cliff-side dining at the on-site restaurant
- Six restaurants and bars, each offering a unique culinary experience
- Enjoy traditional afternoon tea in the lounge
For leisure and pleasure
- Indulge in a range of Ayurvedic treatments and wellness treatments at the Anantara Spa
- Access to a peaceful stretch of white sand where you can enjoy yoga, tai chi, Pilates and meditation sessions
- Learn how to prepare Sri Lankan dishes with the ‘Spice Spoons’ cooking class, which includes a visit to the local market
- Refreshing ocean-facing swimming pool
- Surfing and stand-up paddle boarding facilities, as well as tennis and badminton courts
- Set out on nature walks with the in-house naturalist
- Embark on wildlife safaris in Yala National Park
- Enjoy whale watching tours at nearby Mirissa Harbour