More central to the palaces, monasteries, temples and wonderful landscapes of the verdant Choekhor Valley.
Unlike its contemporaries, Amankora Bumthang settles in the heart of the valley amongst the ancient buildings and streets of the fascinating town of Jakar. Step outside the resort’s courtyard and you will be immediately enswirled in a world of palaces, temples, monasteries and local dwellings.
Wandichholing Palace - the birthplace of many royal members of Bhutan’s monarchy – is next door to Amankora Bumthang. No fewer than 29 temples and monasteries are within walking distance. Museums and historical sites are at hand, and organic farms and local craft producers lie just outside the city.
Amankora Bumthang, at a glance
- All Amankora’s Lodges have been created to encourage you to experience the rich cultural heritage and stunning topography of Bhutan, whilst discovering inner peace and comfort
- Amankora Bumthang offers a choice of 16 suites adjacent to Wandichholing Palace in Jakar
- Open plan lounges and bedrooms, Bukhari wood-burning stoves, terrazzo-clad baths, separate showers and conveniences
For leisure and pleasure
- Amankora Bumthang offers the unrivalled spa – with soothing and replenishing treatments, steam room and yoga/meditation rooms – that is found in all Amankora lodges and also specialises in Royal Bhutanese treatments
- Bumthang is also perfect for exploring four valleys
- Excursions to no less than 29 temples and monasteries
- Cultural visits to museums and a treasure trove of Bhutanese art
- Bumthang Owl Trek to wilderness forests of huge trees – home to regional owls