Perched on the western slopes of the Black Mountains, Six Senses Gangtey has redrawn the levels of luxury in this serene, little-visited corner of the world.
Strategically positioned to ensure 180-degree views of the Phobjikha Valley, Six Senses Gangtey offers a peaceful retreat from which to immerse yourself in this designated conservation area. The property takes its design cues straight from the natural surroundings. The granite-and-wood structure houses just eight amply sized and beautifully-appointed suites, plus one two-bedroom villa which boasts over 200 square metres of living space.
Most of your time will be spent outdoors exploring the treasures of the valley, from its quaint village to its meandering rivers, ancient monasteries and scenic walking trails. You can trek to the 16th-century Gangtey Goemba, and, in the winter, spot the rare black-necked crane. Back at the lodge, you can curl up with a book in the welcoming lounge or kick back in the movies and games room. The Six Senses Spa and Wellness Centre is a real treat with two Swedana areas.
Six Senses Gangtey, at a glance
• Upscale, minimalist mountain lodge set deep within the Phobjikha Valley
• Nestled on the western slopes of the Black Mountains with uninterrupted valley views
• Eight suites and one two-bedroom villa for families
• Unlimited internet access
• Wooden interiors, crisp white linens and minimalist lines
• Floor-to-ceiling windows overlook the valley and its carpet of green hills
• Cosy lounge
• All-day restaurant serving 20 guests indoors
• Strong sustainability commitment
For leisure and pleasure
• Explore various treks and mountain biking trails
• Within walking distance of the nearby Crane Centre
• Join the monks for meditation at the Gangtey Goemba
• Visit the Khewang Lhakhang
• Movies and games room
• Fire pit relaxation area
• Yoga classes and guided meditation
• Six Senses Spa with two Swedana areas