In the remote vistas of the Bhutanese Valleys, you will find the luxurious COMO Uma Punakha, giving you an oasis of comfort in the most serene of landscapes.
Far below you, the mysterious Mo Chu River snakes its serpentine way across the verdant valley floor. On either side of the gentle river the hills stretch upwards, steep carpets of luxuriant green undergrowth reaching towards the sky.
Beyond them lie majestic mountains, coloured dark blue and purple by the distance and crowned – like gigantic mythological kings – by wreaths of white snow. You sigh to yourself. Have you ever seen anything so naturally beautiful and untouched? Is Bhutan the land that the world forgot? Possibly. But that doesn’t mean the COMO Uma Punakha doesn’t know how to look after guests – which is why it’s an essential stopover on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Bhutan.
COMO Uma Punakha, at a glance
- Luxury hotel on the Western edge of the alpine Punakha Valley
- Five hours from Paro
- Choice of nine Valley View rooms set on the hillside, with king-size beds, lounges, en suites and décor by local artists
- Some with outdoor terraces
- One bedroom and two bedroom villas have separate living rooms, dressing rooms and en suites, plus terraces set in private glades
- Restaurant serving regional dishes and international cuisine
For leisure and pleasure
- Wellbeing spa with holistic, Asian-inspired treatments in the calming surroundings of a woodland glade
- Bhutanese hot stone bath
- Valley views
- Perfect base for touring Bhutan’s most celebrated landscapes and historic sites
- Excursions to the Temple of the Divine Madman and Punakha Dzong