One of the highest concentrations of tigers on the world. Jaguars, hyenas, barking deer. Any number of fascinating reptiles. Over 80 types of butterflies and 250 species of birds.
Bandhavgarh National Park – overlooked by a mighty fort reputedly dating back 2000 years – is one of India’s best preserved conservation areas and the one in which you are most likely to see tigers stalking their prey in their natural habitat. In fact, you’d be unlucky not to. But tigers aren’t the full story; the park is home to a wonderful array of predators and herbivores, spectacular insects and inscrutable reptiles. Not to mention noisy, colourful birds – including vivid hornbills and large owls.
Bandhavgarh is also home to Samode Safari Lodge. Stay at Samode on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to India and you’ll not only have 400 sq km of pristine wilderness on your doorstep, you’ll also be able stay in a beautiful villa, indulge in a modern spa and dine in exotic venues.
Samode Safari Lodge, at a glance
- Exclusive modern safari lodge and spa with architecture inspired by the local vernacular
- Beside Bandhavgarh National Park
- Choice of 12 individual villas spread throughout the grounds, with a central main lodge
- Rustic-style décor meets contemporary design
- Spacious bedrooms with chic en suite bathrooms plus dressing areas
- Living rooms with entrance courts and verandas
- Bath courts with plunge pools and showers
- Private furnished decks
- Gourmet meals served in the restaurant plus dining beneath the stars, beside the pool or in your own villa
For leisure and pleasure
- Heated, open air swimming pool and sun deck
- Spa offering you the therapeutic benefits of a range of traditional and modern treatments
- Well-equipped gym and jogging trails encircling the lodge
- Morning and evening game drives to see tigers, jaguars, wolves, hyenas, gaur, sambhar, barking deer, sloth bears, 80 types of butterflies and over 250 species of birds
- Local trackers and expert guides
- Nature walks and cycling
- Cultural visits to interesting Mardari Village
- Lounge with expansive wooden deck for socialising
- Pool room and quiet library