The sights and sounds of Jaipur engulf you as you stroll through the tiny meandering streets of the old city. It is a delight to be ‘foreign’; especially as foreign-ness commands the attention of any number of shopkeepers, stallholders and street sellers. The bustle, colour and ceaseless movement of people swirling around you gives you the sensation of being at the centre of a giant fairground ride.
Then you step into the cool, calm, white palace that is Samode Haveli. Built by a nobleman some 175 years ago, the Haveli is a haven of serenity and Indo-Saracenic splendour, with luxurious rooms and arched balconies gathered a grand courtyard and central fountain. The perfect spot for tea, and a recap of the day’s events.
Samode Haveli, at a glance
- 250km from New Delhi and just 17km from Jaipur Airport
- 39 opulently decorated rooms and suites, all with individual décor
- An exquisitely hand painted dining hall that serves both Rajasthani and International cuisine
- A regal lounge for afternoon tea and relaxing evening cocktails
- A Moorish-style pool surrounded by luxurious Indian day beds
For leisure and pleasure
- Traditonal puppet shows complete with Rajasthani music and beautiful dance performances
- A relaxing spa offering speciality Ayurvedic treatments
- State-of-the-art fitness suite
- Inviting steam rooms and a child-friendly wading pool
- Central location in the heart of the stunning city of Jaipur