Stand and wonder at the astonishingly ornate decorations on an ancient Jain temple. Or walk the walls of a centuries old Jaisalmer fort, their immense thickness proof against the sun itself. Or sit astride a swaying ‘ship of the desert’ as you journey by camel through a timeless and achingly beautiful desert landscape of curvaceous white dunes. This is the way to experience the soul of Jaisalmer.
Stay at The Serai and you will also experience something else; the modern equivalent of the luxury and splendour of the lifestyle of the state’s historic rulers. At The Serai you can expect opulence on a grand scale, with huge tented suites that stand on local stone, and typically include private walled gardens, sunken pools and glorious en suite bathrooms.
The Serai, at a glance
- Spectacular desert setting just 52 km from Jaisalmer station and 60 km from Jaisalmer Airport
- Choice of three different tented suites
- 14 suites over 1000 sq ft with spacious bedrooms, en suite bathrooms and covered sitting rooms
- Luxury tented suites with their own walled gardens and sunken pools
- Royal suite with private spa, separate dining and lounge tents and outdoor pool
- Fabulous dining tent plus bar
For leisure and pleasure
- Serai Spa with four treatment tents arranged around an intimate garden
- Excursions to explore the desert by camel or safari vehicle
- Trips to Jain temples and ancient fortresses
- Sundowners and picnics in the dunes
- Tailor-made excursions with your own experienced guide
- Boutique selling local craftwork and art, including beautiful textiles, embroidery and paintings