The more you learn about the local culture, handicrafts and lifestyle, the deeper will be your understanding of India’s Tamil Nadu region. And the richer your holiday will be.
If your idea of an enriched holiday experience is to immerse yourself into the place you’re visiting, then you should definitely put Svatma on the itinerary of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to India.
You’ll be conveniently close to the ancient city of Tanjavur with its Chola temples featuring great towers of intricately carved figures, and its UNESCO World Heritage monuments. Brihadeeswarar Temple, for example, will literally leave you speechless with wonder. But you’ll also be staying in a piece of living Tamil Nadu history. The Svatma captures the soul of the region in its interiors, and in the range of experiences it offers. From Veda chanting by priests and Bharatanatyam and Tanjavur dancing, to demonstrations of bronze casting and lessons in the art of Tamil cookery.
Svatma Hotel, at a glance
- An authentic expression of the hospitality of Tamil Nadu, built over a century ago
- Within easy reach of the ancient town of Tanjavur
- Choice of handsome guest rooms and suites, all with their own individual style and atmosphere
- Many have period furniture and huge tented four poster beds, or divans with ornately carved headboards
- Verandas with superb views
- Suites have sitting areas
- En suite bathrooms offer a glamorous combination of modern and traditional fittings
- Expansive dining room with a colonial atmosphere, serving world class food
For leisure and pleasure
- Swimming pool and sun deck
- Arogyam and Soukyam gym and yoga wellness programmes
- Excursions to the stunning Chola temples of Tanjavur with an academic expert
- Performances of chamber music
- Bharatanatyam and Tanjavur dance demonstrations
- Veda chanting by local priests
- Displays of handloom weaving, bronze casting and Tanjavur painting techniques
- Culinary classes that include delicious regional specialities, plus nutritional and healthy eating advice