A heritage boutique hotel nestled into the historic heart of Fort Cochin, just minutes from the iconic Chinese fishing nets, The Malabar House is well positioned for exploring this vibrant port city.
Owned, at different points in its history, by spice traders, tea traders and bankers, The Malabar House became the area’s very first boutique heritage hotel in 1997. The 17 guestrooms and suites are vibrant and tastefully furnished with a carefully curated collection of antique and contemporary artwork. All have large ensuite bathrooms, four-poster beds and either a veranda, terrace or private sit-out, with views over the patio garden or historic Parade Ground.
The hotel’s fine dining restaurant serves a Keralan and Mediterranean inspired menu using the best of local, organic produce wherever possible - accompanied by live classical Indian music performances. For tapas and a taste of fine Indian wines, head to the dedicated wine lounge. When not exploring the nearby attractions by bike, guests can unwind with a rejuvenating Ayurvedic massage or treatment in the sumptuous Purespa.
The Malabar House, at a glance
- Intimate 18th century heritage hotel situated in the historic heart of Fort Cochin
- 17 individually designed, air conditioned guestrooms and suites decorated with wooden furniture and Keralan arts and crafts
- Wonderfully large ensuite bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers
- All rooms have dedicated verandas, terraces or private garden sit-outs
- The decor throughout is a blend of Keralan traditions and contemporary design
- Enjoy alfresco dining at The Malabar Junction, whose restaurant blends Keralan and Mediterranean flavours
- Member of the prestigious Relais & Chateaux group
For leisure and pleasure
- The hotel sits right opposite St. Francis Church, and just a couple of minutes away from the city’s famous Chinese fishing nets
- Head to the inviting ‘Divine’ wine lounge for tapas, beers and fine Indian wines
- Classic Carnatic South Indian music and dance performances are held in the evenings
- Indulge in Ayurveda treatments and rejuvenating massages at the Purespa
- Make use of the complimentary bicycles to explore at your leisure
- Serene swimming pool set in the garden
- Take part in daily yoga sessions
- The property has its own houseboat for backwater cruises