A secluded, hilltop haven in the Pokhara Valley, Tiger Mountain Pokhara Lodge takes Nepalese hospitality to the next level with excellent facilities, warm service and remarkable mountain views.
The lodge occupies an enviable location about 1,000 feet above the valley floor, which naturally affords it sensational panoramas of the surrounding mountains including the Annapurna Massif. It’s the perfect place to recover from a Himalayan trek, as well as being a great base for more leisurely day walks in the valley and bird watching. You’ll find yourself within easy reach of charming hill villages, forests and alpine lakes, with trained local guides ready to show you the way.
Guests are accommodated in just 14 individual stone bungalows, each understated in style with original artwork, handmade furniture, en suite bathrooms, private verandas and large windows that make the most of the incredible landscape. The main lodge, centred around a Nepali-style courtyard, is fitted with comfy seating areas, a dining room adorned with traditional artefacts, a library and outdoor terrace. A swimming pool lies hidden amidst the terraced gardens.
Tiger Mountain Pokhara Lodge, at a glance
• Exquisite mountain lodge with a spectacular setting 1,000 feet above Nepal’s Pokhara Valley
• 14 hand-cut stone bungalows with large windows, en suite bathrooms and private verandas
• Interiors are a blend of tradition and modernity with slate and parquet floors, rich Tibetan rugs, handmade wooden furniture and original artwork
• Kitchen serves traditional Nepali dishes and continental specialities made from fresh local ingredients and home-grown herbs
• The bar provides a full range of international and local drinks
• Promotes responsible tourism and is a member of Pack for a Purpose
For leisure and pleasure
• Enjoy day walks around the valley
• Meet local communities
• Take a dip in the swimming pool
• Massages, yoga and meditation
• Paragliding and micro-light flights
• Browse the collection of Himalayan mountaineering literature in Colonel Jimmy's library
• Museum visits