Looking for a beach house overlooking the ocean where you can hole up for a week without being disturbed, except by the very important delivery of daily breakfast? Or a very private place to stay where you can suddenly decide you do want dinner after all? A house that's exclusively yours with enough room for two families or ten friends - friends and families that want everything from birdwatching to bodysurfing and temples filled with Buddhist chants?
Coco Tangalla has got the lot and if it's not on the doorstep they'll arrange a car and driver to take you to your idea of holiday pursuit heaven.
Coco Tangalla, at a glance
- Beautiful, beachside location
- Six air-conditioned bedrooms, four in the main house and two more linked by a walkway
- Oriental-style interior design in colourful silks, and works by Sri Lankan artists
- En-suite bathrooms and private terraces
- Infinity pool in the garden
- Staff on-hand to shop or cook for you as you wish
For leisure and pleasure
- Take a safari in the Yala Reserve, famed for its concentration of leopard
- Visit Udawalawe Reserve for the chance to see elephants up close
- Nearby, the town of Rekawa is a protected area for turtles, and is home to a hundred species of birds