Housed in a stately colonial building on the outskirts of the well-heeled Cinnamon Gardens neighbourhood, Maniumpathy is ranked amongst the finest of Colombo’s hotels.
Passed down through five generations of the same Sri Lankan family, Maniumpathy was transformed by its latest owners into a chic boutique retreat of just eight rooms. A tranquil, discreet base from which to explore, with outstanding personalised service and an excellent location in the heart of Colombo close to art galleries, restaurants and national monuments.
The guestrooms, while equipped with all the modern amenities, have their historical character preserved through vintage-style furniture, antiques and framed family photographs. The laidback Nandi Restaurant, set in a courtyard overlooking the pool, serves from a menu of international and Sri Lankan cuisine. Dine on your private balcony or book the Grand Ebony Room with its linen-draped 16-seater table and dimly lit antique chandeliers. Award-winning chefs are on-hand to prepare meals personalised to your taste buds.
Maniumpathy, at a glance
- High-end heritage hotel in the heart of Sri Lanka’s capital city, Colombo
- Previously home to a family originating from Jaffna
- Eight double rooms named after the matriarchs of the family
- Individually designed with antique furniture, unique artefacts, roll-top bathtubs, marble washbasins and four-poster beds
- International and Sri Lankan cuisine prepared using fresh, locally sourced produce
- Dine by the pool, on your private balcony/garden courtyard or in the veranda restaurant
- Warm, personalised service
For leisure and pleasure
- Close to the Independence Square, Town Hall, Victoria Park, National Museum and Gangaramaya Temple
- Small freshwater lap pool
- Air-conditioned cigar room
- Relaxing library
- Leafy garden courtyard
- 16-seater Grand Ebony Room for small celebrations and gatherings