Pure paradise, Ulagalla Resort is set deep in the heart of rural Sri Lanka.
The sun jinks into your chalet through the slatted blinds. You can hear the wind murmuring in the treetops that surround your Sri Lankan bungalow. You can also smell the fresh coffee that’s about to be served by your butler. It’s a hard life at Ulagalla Resort, but someone has to get up and live it!
And live it you will. You can start with a refreshing plunge in your private pool, before heading over to the stables for an early morning ride. Or, if you prefer bicycles to horses, you could pedal slowly through acres of rich gardens, taking in the sweeping views of paddy fields, tranquil reservoirs and the village Ulagalla. You’re in the perfect place to relax – or discover the cultural triangle of Sri Lanka.
Ulagalla Resort, at a glance
- Superb setting in 54 acre gardens, just 20 km from Anuradhapura and 175 km from Colombo Bandaranike International Airport
- Just 20 extremely spacious bungalow-style Sri Lankan chalets
- Beautifully refurbished in the chieftain manner
- All with large living areas, bedrooms, en suites, terraces, plunge pools and garden views
- Restaurant with super culinary reputation
For leisure and pleasure
- Main swimming pool
- Fitness centre and spa
- Stables for horse riding
- Nature trails and excellent bird watching
- Flora and fauna tours with naturalist
- Kayaking and bicycling
- Excellent base for exploring the Cultural Triangle