Sandwiched between lush jungle and 920 feet of golden beach, Mahekal Beach Resort sits at the heart of lively Playa del Carmen.
The stylish guestrooms, suites and palapa-style bungalows of this alluring resort come with outdoor terraces, hammocks and serene ocean views. For direct access to the beach, opt for one of the Ocean Front Beach Houses which are magnificently located just 10 steps away from the water. The ideal place to relax after visits to the ancient sites of Chichen Itza, Tulum and Coba.
The resort impresses with its fabulous swimming pools, multiple dining outlets and 2,500 square foot Mayan-inspired spa offering customised treatments for the body and mind. The area is a known snorkelling and diving hotspot, and Mahekal has its own Dive Centre allowing its guests to experience the underwater world alongside qualified instructors. Mahekal’s appeal also lies in its warm personal service and relaxed atmosphere.
Mahekal Beach Resort, at a glance
• Authentic Mexican-style beachfront resort in Playa del Carmen
• Garden view rooms, ocean view rooms, treehouses, penthouses and ocean-front and beach houses
• Authentic Mayan-inspired decor with a contemporary touch
• Some rooms have their own private plunge pools
• Guestrooms do not come with TVs, but they do include state-of-the-art Wi-Fi access
• Variety of restaurants and bars to choose from, from light bites poolside at Itzi to farm-to-table Mexican cuisine at Fuego
For leisure and pleasure
• A fantastic stretch of beach lapped by clear Caribbean waters
• A first-class Dive Centre
• Multiple swimming pools
• Beautifully designed spa
• Boutique selling Mahekal-brand beachwear and local artwork
• Games room
• Bikes for hire
• Access to the ancient Mayan sites of Tulum, Coba and Chichen Itza