Surrounded on three sides by the Atlantic Ocean on Swakopmund’s historic ‘Mole’ promenade, the Strand offers beautiful views and direct beachfront access in this charming coastal city.
Located in the heart of Swakopmund on its main beach, the Strand is an excellent base from which to experience the delights of the city. The town’s historic centre, with all its bustling cafes and restaurants, is a mere five minute stroll away. The friendly staff are always on hand to share advice and arrange activities in Swakopmund and the surrounding area including desert walks, quad biking, fishing trips and dolphin tours.
As well as uninterrupted views across the beach and ocean, the hotel impresses with its extensive collection of restaurants, sea-facing cocktail lounges and bars – including a beer garden and beach kiosk. Other facilities include the Atlantic Spa, drawing on the healing powers of both the ocean and Namib Desert, and a well-equipped gym. Whether you opt for a luxury room or a beach-facing junior suite, you’ll find all 125 guestrooms at the Strand tastefully appointed in a colourful, contemporary style. Suites are more spacious and offer impressive beach and sea views from private balconies.
Strand Hotel Swakopmund, at a glance
- Upscale and contemporary hotel with an excellent location on Swakopmund’s main beach
- Easy access to the city’s myriad attractions
- 125 air-conditioned rooms with modern facilities and ensuite bathrooms
- Luxury rooms and suites boast private balconies with superb beach and sea views
- Tasteful and airy décor
- A short 300-metre walk from the centre of town
- Three fabulous restaurants including Brewer & Butcher, the bistro-style Farmhouse Deli and the high-end seafood restaurant Ocean Cellar
For leisure and pleasure
- Bespoke spa offering individual crystal steam rooms, rain showers and a relaxation lounge
- Well-equipped gym
- The Strand Activities & Adventures Office help guests to experience the best of Swakopmund, Walvis Bay and the neighbouring Namib Desert
- Nearby activities include fishing excursions, kayaking, mountain biking, quad biking and desert walks
- Microbrewery and beer garden