With its stunning desert gardens, Dar Al Hossoun is a haven of tranquillity just outside the medieval town of Taroudant.
Surrounded swathes of olive groves in southern Morocco, Dar Al Hossoun feels at one with the landscape. From here, the age-old ochre ramparts of Taroudant are a mere five-minute drive away. Blending traditional and modern aesthetics, the property was crafted entirely by local artisans who employed raw natural materials and ancient building techniques. Rooms are dotted throughout the property and beautifully decorated in colourful Moroccan textiles.
Designed by world acclaimed landscape architects Eric Ossart and Arnaud Maurières, Dar Al Hossoun’s acclaimed gardens are filled with all manner of rare and exotic desert flora. Whether you choose to relax amid the fragrant jasmine, by one of the crystal-clear swimming pools or on the terrace with its impressive mountain views, the property has a wonderfully serene atmosphere. There is a spa onsite offering clay wraps and massages, whilst those feeling more active can venture out on hikes, bike rides and visits to authentic Berber villages.
Dar Al Hossoun, at a glance
- Eco-friendly boutique hotel located on the outskirts of Taroudant
- Surrounded by hundreds of acres of olive groves and fields
- Three ‘patio rooms’, six ‘garden rooms’, six ‘junior suites’ and three ‘superior suites’ scattered about the hotel’s courtyards and gardens
- Authentic décor featuring locally made rugs, cushions, tapestries and terracotta earthenware
- Bathrooms have smooth tadelakt walls and natural toiletries
- Restaurant and cocktail bar, with delicious meals prepared using seasonal produce sourced from the organic garden
For leisure and pleasure
- Just two miles from the Berber town of Taroudant, with transfers to the medina via “petit taxi”
- Contemporary gardens featuring a stunning collection of agaves, kalanchoes, aloes and cacti
- Multiple indoor and outdoor relaxation areas and lounges
- Two beautiful swimming pools
- Spa with two hammams, as well as beauty and massage rooms
- Enjoy hikes, bikes and visits to souks, authentic Berber villages and private homes
- Carriage rides and cooking classes can also be arranged