Close to the ancient city of Marrakech, surrounded by mesmerising countryside, lies a collection of luxurious pavilions and maisons that exemplify the Moorish influence and royal heritage of Morocco.
Perfectly poised between the timeless, unchanging countryside of rural Morocco and the hectic bustle of Marrakech’s grand square, twisting alleyways and clamorous markets lies an idyll of calm and shaded coolness.
Make Amanjena your hotel of choice during your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Morocco and you will be staying in an oasis that combines the graceful architecture and opulence of a sultan’s palace with the best of modern design and facilities. Great pools lined with shading palms and punctuated by cooling fountains, domed pagodas with arched entrances, Berber carpets scattered over tiled floors. They all help reflect the country’s Moorish heritage, whilst a collection of pavilions and maisons – many with their own swimming pools and fragrant private gardens - contribute to your experience of contemporary luxury with a definite Moroccan flavour.
Amanjena, at a glance
- Luxurious Moroccan resort just outside the ancient city of Marrakech
- Set in grounds shaded by date palms and olive trees
- Choice of 32 pavilions and seven maisons – many with their own pools and private courtyard gardens
- Pavilions have en suite bathrooms with marbled tubs, plus fireplaces and splendid views over the golf course or olive groves
- Maisons typically offer two bedrooms arranged over split levels, private pools and courtyard gardens
- Superb candlelit restaurant and eateries serving traditional and modern Moroccan cuisine against a backdrop of pools and gardens
For leisure and pleasure
- Within easy reach of beautiful countryside
- Wellness spa featuring two hammam suites with their own private courtyards
- Good choice of traditional and modern treatments and therapies
- Fitness centre with well-equipped gym
- Tennis courts plus excellent golf course
- Tours of the historic city of Marrakech with its 12th century medina and chaotic souk
- Expeditions to local villages, snow-capped mountains, desert regions and winding coastline