Less like visiting as a holidaymaker, more like living as a local in a traditional riad tucked away in the heart of the buzzing Medina of historic Marrakech.
The life and clamour of Marrakech swirls around you. You pause for a moment to survey the scene; a water seller wanders past you, clad in traditional costume. Carpet sellers and apothecaries beckon to you. White robed locals haggle with stall-holders whilst a crowd gathers on the corner to listen to a master storyteller – his rapid, reedy voice rising above the general hubbub. You are in the Medina, just off the fabled Djemaa el Fna in central Marrakech. Better still, your riad is just a few steps away, in a cool courtyard hidden behind traditional, carved wooden gates.
Choose Angsana Riads Collection for your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Morocco and you’ll have a choice of sophisticated yet traditional riads, sympathetically restored, with rooftop sunbaths, period features and dedicated service.
Angsana Riads Collection, at a glance
- Collection of traditional riads tucked away in the centre of Marrakech’s fascinating Medina
- Choice of six riads, each one carefully refurbished to preserve its original Moroccan flavour and style
- Many have rooftop terraces with pool or sunbaths and great views over the Medina
- Ornate, period furniture, raftered ceilings and hanging lanterns
- Suites typically feature four poster canopied beds, designer en suite bathrooms and separate dressing areas
- In-room dining on local specialities prepared to your exact requirements, plus Restaurant Si Said serving Moroccan cuisine in a charming courtyard
For leisure and pleasure
- Spa with full hammam experience, including signature Moroccan treatments and Asian-inspired therapies
- Your riad is the perfect base for immersing yourself in the busy life of Marrakech – then retiring to perfect peace and luxurious tranquillity
- Explore the souk and Djemaa el Fna
- Haggle for Berber blankets, silverware and hand carved ornaments, intricate jewellery, frankincense, soaps and spices
- Walk through history at the 12th century Koutoubia Mosque, El Badi Palace and Marrakech Museum
- Visit the Jardin Majorelle and Menara Gardens
- Tours to the Atlas Mountains and Essaouira