Lying deep within the ancient Negev Desert, the Six Senses Shaharut offers a mesmerising stay in one of the world’s most breathtaking natural settings.
Blending seamlessly into the dramatic desert topography, you’ll find the hotel nestled into a cliff face in the enchanting Arava Valley. Sweeping, panoramic views across the rolling orange dunes can be enjoyed from each of the 60 suites and pool villas. Perfectly situated, days can be spent uncovering the natural, historic archaeological treasures at your doorstep, with excursions out to Petra, Masada and the Dead Sea easily arranged.
But that’s not all. Thrill-seekers are catered for with off-road driving, mountain climbing and abseiling, whilst families or those seeking a more leisurely desert experience can enjoy camel rides at twilight, jeep safaris and dune walking with local Bedouins. Meanwhile, the snorkelling and diving hotspot of Eilat is just a 60-minute drive away.
Return to the hotel for some pampering in the innovative Six Senses Spa Shaharut where you’ll find a full menu of rejuvenating treatments alongside a fully-equipped gym and desert-facing yoga studio. Other facilities include an open-air cinema and Earth Lab where guests can get an insight into the natural world and Six Senses' sustainability endeavours.
Six Senses Shaharut, at a glance
- Stunning Six Senses retreat with an extraordinary setting in the south of the Negev Desert
- 60 suites and villas with uninterrupted desert panoramas and cacti and desert bloom landscaping
- Some rooms come with private swimming pools
- The main restaurant, Midian, showcases a blend of Israeli and Mediterranean flavours using the best of local produce and ingredients from the on-site organic garden
- The Edom View offers Middle Eastern-style mezze and tapas alongside Israeli barbecue and afternoon Middle Eastern coffee/tea
- Enjoy perfectly grilled prime butcher cuts and homemade ice cream at the Edom Bar Grill, and crafted cocktails at the laidback Jamilla Lounge
For leisure and pleasure
- Trips can be arranged to Petra, Masada, Mount Karkom and the Dead Sea
- Enjoy dune walking with local Bedouins, including storytelling and desert lore
- Overnight camel camping and sunrise/twilight camel rides
- Camel stables with a grooming area
- Take part in extreme sports such as off-road driving, mountain climbing and abseiling
- Family-friendly activities include hiking, camel or jeep safaris, craft workshops and bird watching tours
- Outstanding stargazing opportunities
- Spectacular Six Senses Spa with four single and two double treatment rooms, saunas, steam rooms, hammams, an indoor and outdoor pool, nail bar and yoga studio
- Cinema Paradiso, an open-air amphitheatre under the stars
- Tented Bedouin dining experiences