Experience the superb fishing, beautiful beaches and clear waters of northern Saskatchewan at the eponymous Lloyd Lake Lodge.
Accommodation in this remote Canadian wilderness is more comfortable than you might expect. Accessible by floatplane, Lloyd Lake Lodge hosts its guests in just five modern cabins, each with hot showers, comfy beds and private decks overlooking the shimmering waters of Lloyd Lake. Meals are prepared fresh by Derrick, the executive chef and one of the lodge’s owners, and includes the catch of the day cooked fresh over an open fire.
Naturally, days at Lloyd Lake Lodge are centred around the incredible guided fishing on offer. The area’s lakes offer keen anglers the opportunity to land everything from northern pike to arctic grayling. Experts guides will help you to fish for certain species, and let you in on the area’s history. You can also relax on sandy beaches, swim in clear waters or take a boat out on the river in search of moose, black bears and bald eagles. After a full day, you’ll be able to retreat to the comfort of the lodge, play a game of poker or share stories around a blazing fire beneath a ceiling of bright stars.
Lloyd Lake Lodge, at a glance
• Owner-operated fishing lodge in Lloyd Lake
• Five clean and well-maintained cabins accommodating between two and six people
• Full bathrooms with new showers and running water
• Enjoy hearty breakfasts, the morning’s catch for lunch and beautifully plated fine dining meals for dinner
• Accessible by floatplane
For leisure and pleasure
• Incredible guided fishing opportunities
• Wonderful stargazing
• Relaxed evenings around a blazing fire
• Blueberry and freshwater clam picking
• Unwind on white sandy beaches and swim in clear waters
• Take a boat out on the river in search of local wildlife
• See the Northern Lights (seasonal)
• Cooking classes