Wake to the sounds of the forest at the Alpine Village Cabin Resort. With an outstanding location in the heart of the rugged Canadian Rockies, this family-owned retreat offers an authentic “cabin in the woods” experience.
Here, you’ll be surrounded by a vast area of wooded wilderness complete with panoramic views of Mount Edith Cavell. Just over the Athabasca River from Alpine Village’s cluster of quaint pine log cabins lies the mighty Jasper National Park. Jasper itself is only a couple of kilometres away, allowing you to combine the sensation of a real Canadian outdoors adventure with trips into one of Alberta’s most interesting towns.
Nature and outdoor adventure really are on the doorstep. The landscaped grounds are surrounded by hiking trails, and the property itself is often visited by elk, deer and the occasional bear. Between excursions in this rugged mountain playground, you’ll enjoy the comforting, homespun rusticity of staying in an authentic, warm log cabin with a cosy woodburning fireplace, en suite bathroom and outdoor barbecue.
Alpine Village, at a glance
- Tiny village of log cabins set in 11 acres of natural pine forest
- Conveniently located just two kilometres from the alpine town of Jasper
- Choice of 56 one room, family-sized and heritage cabins arranged throughout the forest
- Fabulous forest and river views
- Large wood-burning fireplaces
- One room cabins typically feature sitting areas and kitchenettes
- Larger one bedroom cabins have kitchens, living rooms, bathrooms with showers and tubs and large viewing decks
- Family-sized cabins have double bedrooms, plus lofts with queen-sized and twin beds
- Most suites have spacious bathrooms, sitting areas and outdoor decks
For leisure and pleasure
- Heated outdoor pool and deck area overlooking the Athabasca River
- Close to the restaurants and cultural activities of Jasper
- Perfect base for exploring the Canadian Rockies and Jasper National Park
- Interpretive walking and hiking trails around the property
- Ice walks and explorer tours of the Columbia Icefield
- Canoeing, kayaking and fishing
- White water rafting on Athabasca, Sunwapta and Fraser Rivers
- Horse riding and mountain biking
- Salmon spawning at Mount Robson