Occupying a selection of quaint, 19th century cottages, Fishers’ Loft Inn sits among pretty gardens atop a hill in Trinity Bay, Newfoundland.
Nestled on a winding, quiet back lane, this refined country inn overlooks the old boat-building harbour of Ship Cove where small fishing still come and go. The property lies within a stone’s throw from the bustle of historic Trinity, and conveniently close (just an hours’ drive) from Terra Nova National Park. You’ll find breathtaking walking trails on your doorstep, including the stunning 5.3km Skerwink Trail, as well as golf courses, historic sites and fantastic whale and iceberg watching (in season).
Backed by forest and framed by wildflower meadows, the property itself is made up of six traditionally-styled wooden buildings dating from between 1850 and 1900. Inside, the rooms are casually elegant, bright and spacious with original artwork and furniture handcrafted by local artisans. Several have impressive cathedral ceilings. The kitchen at Fisher’s Loft gets its supplies from the sea, fresh water ponds and seaside meadows (where local farmers raise pré salé lamb), as well as from their own vegetable garden.
Fishers' Loft Inn, at a glance
- Historic inn nestled in the quiet village of Port Rexton on Newfoundland’s east coast
- Overlooking the old boat-building harbour of Ship Cove and the Atlantic Ocean
- 33 rooms and suites, each with a private entrance and ocean view
- Interiors are modern and minimalist, with comfortable queen-size beds, ensuite bathrooms and handcrafted furniture made by local artisans
- Meals are prepared using fresh, locally sourced ingredients
- Enjoy ocean sunsets as you dine
For leisure and pleasure
- Minutes from the historic town of Trinity Bay, and an hour from the magnificent Terra Nova National Park
- Browse the Inn’s craft and bookshop which features the work of local Newfoundland authors
- Cosy library and sitting room
- Enjoy a stroll around the vegetable and herb gardens
- Breathtaking walking trails on the doorstep, including the Skerwink Trail which starts right next to the property
- Golf courses, historic sites, professional theatre, whale and iceberg watching are all in the neighbourhood