This historic inn lies at the heart of the Old Town of Lunenberg, a UNESCO World Heritage Site on the shores of southern Nova Scotia.
Originally built in 1830, recent refurbishments have restored The Mariner King Inn to all its Victorian glory. Accommodation is spread throughout the historic main building and two annexes known as the “Cranberry” and “Candy Apple” buildings. Thanks to the historic architecture of the property, every room and suite is unique in size, layout and design. Interiors are decorated in either a Victorian or modern maritime style, with classic wooden furniture and views overlooking the Lunenberg Harbour, golf course and local buildings.
The Mariner King Inn is perfectly placed for exploring all the delights of Lunenberg, with the harbour, the Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic and other attractions within easy walking distance. Although you’ll find yourself on the doorstep of a plethora of quaint restaurants and cafes, the hotel offers a delectable breakfast buffet in its bright Victorian sunroom. There’s also a cosy parlour where you can relax with a cup of tea, as well as a small fitness room and winter garden.
Mariner King Inn, at a glance
- Historic inn located in the centre of the port town of Lunenberg in southern Nova Scotia
- Originally built in 1830
- Uniquely decorated rooms and suites with ensuite facilities, classic wooden furniture and polished wooden floors
- Lovely views over the Lunenburg Harbour, golf course and local architecture
- Indoor breakfast room and conservatory where guests are treated to delicious buffet breakfasts
- 90 minutes from Halifax International Airport
For leisure and pleasure
- On the doorstep of a plethora of wonderful restaurants and cafes
- Small fitness room
- A short walk from Lunenberg Harbour and the Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic
- Practise your swing at the nearby golf course
- Great base for hiking, fishing and cycling adventures
- Walking tours of the local area can be arranged