Originally created in 1846, the present-day Great George Hotel has won award after award – and acclaim from its guests – for world class luxury, and genuine island hospitality.
The Great George has an enviable history – even in its present form it has been impressing guests with its impeccable service and standards of hospitality for over three decades. So it is fitting that this institution of a hotel should enjoy a commanding position on one of Prince Edward Island’s most prominent streets. It was along Great George Street that the Fathers of Confederation marched, making Charlottetown and Prince Edward Island the birthplace of Canada.
Make it a starting point on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Canada and you will find yourself surrounded by history. Not to mention entertainment, cultural and sight-seeing opportunities. You’ll also be immersed in indulgence; the hotel lacks no modern comfort or convenience, and has received international recognition from the World Luxury Hotel Awards.
The Great George Hotel, at a glance
- Award-winning, four star, boutique hotel in a prestigious part of Charlottetown
- Choice of outstanding suites, luxury condos and guest rooms arranged throughout 17 carefully restored heritage buildings
- Guest rooms typically feature queen-sized or two double beds, elegant bathrooms, island-flavour décor
- Suites have king-sized beds, fireplaces, double Jacuzzis and balconies with fine views
- Choice of steakhouse, seafood restaurant, kitchen bar and welcoming pub
For leisure and pleasure
- Gym and fitness room
- Central location putting the restaurants, shops, artistic and cultural opportunities and the sights of Charlottetown at your feet
- Close to grand waterfront walks
- Confederation Centre and theatre nearby
- Founders Hall, Confederation Landing Park and Victoria Park within minutes
- Bicycles available for town excursions
- Relaxing lobby with library plus DVD library