Set against the wild beauty of British Columbia’s Pacific Coast, Sonora Resort puts its guests on the doorstep of one of the world’s greatest playgrounds.
This Relais & Chateaux property, perched at the northern end of Desolation Sound in British Columbia, ideally combines uncompromising luxury with thrilling adventure. It’s perfect for lovers of the great outdoors, with the opportunity for whale and dolphin cruises, salmon fishing, hiking in ancient forests and bear watching with experienced guides. The property can even arrange helicopter tours to discover the region’s soaring mountains, alpine meadows and immense glaciers.
There’s a fleet of zodiacs for exploring this remote maritime wilderness, but Sonora is also a place where you can simply relax and enjoy the serenity of the natural surroundings. Facilities include a tennis court, heated outdoor pool, state-of-the-art movie theatre, restorative spa and a wine cellar stocked with award-winning wines. Superb local cuisine is served daily at the Tyee Dining Room, whilst the spacious guestrooms make for welcoming sanctuaries with their fireplaces and cosy goose down duvets.
Sonora Resort, at a glance
• Upscale wilderness lodge on the northern end of Desolation Sound
• 88 tastefully furnished rooms and suites spread throughout a dozen uniquely themed, ocean-facing lodges
• For extra seclusion, opt for one of the two private villas
• All boast fireplaces, soaker tubs, satellite TVs and complimentary bar fridges
• Comfortable queen or king-sized beds, top quality linens and cosy goose down duvets
• Locally inspired gourmet cuisine served at the Tyee Dining Room
For leisure and pleasure
• Grizzly bear tours
• Whale and dolphin watching cruises
• Hiking expeditions and ocean kayaking
• Guided salmon fishing and river fly fishing
• Zodiac nature cruises
• Helicopter glacier tours
• River rafting
• Outdoor heated pool and tennis court
• Island Currents Spa
• Complimentary use of mountain bikes
• Well-stocked on-site trout ponds
• 18-hole golf course