Watching grizzly bears playing in a sunlit meadow? Going salmon fishing by helicopter? Seeing your first whale? What will be your most abiding memory of Nimmo Bay Wilderness Resort?
The huge female grizzly and her cub stare at you across the flower-strewn meadow. It is one of those moments in life you’ll remember forever. Or, if you’re a fisherman, the moment a wild salmon hits from the depths of a crystal, glacier-fed river. Or simply hiking from a spot only accessible by helicopter. Feeling the sensation that you’re alone in over 50,000 square miles of untouched wilderness.
If you want the sort of outdoor experiences that are more profound than mere images you capture with your camera, you should seriously consider putting the Nimmo Bay Wilderness Resort at the head of the itinerary for your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Canada. Especially if superlative fresh food and ultimate comfort are also high on your list of priorities.
Nimmo Bay Wilderness Resort, at a glance
- Exclusive wilderness resort in a breath-taking setting on Nimmo Bay
- Choice of only nine log cabins, standing on stilts in the water
- All have jaw-dropping views of the bay
- Intertidal cabins have two bedrooms with queen-sized beds, private bathrooms, living rooms and the tide, rising and falling beneath your feet
- Streamside cabins are close to a waterfall, with two bedrooms, large living areas and private bathrooms
- Gourmet restaurant with a menu that includes freshly caught salmon, oysters, locally farmed meats…
For leisure and pleasure
- Helicopter trips to remote hiking trails and fish-rich rivers fed by glaciers
- Whole range of wilderness and wildlife adventures
- Boat trips to watch whales and dolphins
- Excursions to huge cascading waterfalls
- Kayaking, paddle boarding and boating
- Woodland wilderness walks and Great Bear Rainforest hikes
- Marine life guided excursions
- Exploration of the Broughton Archipelago