“The best of the best”. Those words aren’t from the hotel brochure, they’re just one of the quotes on TripAdvisor, from a traveller who stayed at the Empress.
The Empress is rightly named – it has a stately presence that reigns over the Victoria’s Inner Harbour with regal authority. Make it part of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Canada and you’ll soon discover it offers you a genuinely warm welcome, combined with classic levels of service and world class refinements. You’ll also appreciate why the Fairmont Empress has won award after award – including Condé Nast Readers’ Choice and Gold List hotel, and Travel + Leisure distinctions – alongside the accolades and recommendations of an array of world travellers.
And then there is the setting. At the Empress you’ll be perfectly placed to revel in the glittering harbourside, the local attractions, nightlife, shopping, year-round gardens, tours and sightseeing of wonderful Victoria – one of Vancouver Island’s most vivacious cities.
Fairmont Empress, at a glance
- Award-winning hotel standing on the Inner Harbour in Victoria
- Choice of 464 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites – 236 of which have just been refurbished to the very highest level
- Expect magnificent views of the harbour, city and extensive gardens
- Contemporary, en suite spa bathrooms with designer fittings
- Many rooms and suites have separate lounges or sitting areas
- Larger suites have two bedrooms accommodating up to four guests, separate parlours and full en suite facilities
- Vice Regal suite is favoured by royalty, heads of state, rock and screen stars
- Choice of fine dining options including Q at the Empress, Tea at the Empress, Lobby Lounge and Q Bar
For leisure and pleasure
- Indoor heated swimming pool with whirlpool area
- Willow Stream Spa with Finnish-style sauna, steam inhalation room, mineral pool and a huge range of restorative and pampering treatments
- Health club featuring a fully-equipped gym
- Bicycle trails including Galloping Goose Trail and Beacon Hill Park
- Resident artists selling their work
- Great access to local attractions like Butchart Gardens, Craigdarroch Castle, Fisherman’s Wharf, the Royal British Columbian Museum, Fort Rodd Hill and Miniature World
- Close to the shops, sights, restaurants and nightlife of Victoria