The Pillar and Post Inn has a history that is inextricably linked with the town of Niagara-on-the-Lake; a history you can still see in the hotel today.
The graceful architecture and the quietly dignified brickwork. The period-style windows with their dark wooden shutters. The established gardens with English-type lawns, herbaceous borders and spreading trees. The Pillar and Post exudes history. It was built during the 1890s as a canning factory, but the Victorians had a way of creating appealing industrial buildings that has completely escaped modern architects. So, in the 1970s, it was easily converted into a handsome inn and grew in refinement and reputation until the Pillar and Post is now the only inn in Ontario with a five star rating.
Visit today, during your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Canada, and you’ll find that the inn has added modern refinement and luxury to a list of attractions that includes a convenient, centre-of-town location.
Pillar and Post Inn, at a glance
- Ontario’s only five star inn, set in lovely Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Close to the centre of town
- Choice of 122 traditional, deluxe and premium guest rooms and suites with king size, queen or two double beds
- Very luxurious en suite bathrooms
- Many rooms feature fireplaces and separate seating areas with comfy sofas and deep armchairs
- Great views over the town
- Suites offer a cottage-style accommodation experience
- Tuscan-style fine dining restaurant plus poolside dining on a patio beneath the stars
For leisure and pleasure
- Superb indoor saltwater swimming pool plus heated outdoor pool with waterfall
- Huge13,000 sq ft indoor and outdoor spa with a huge range of treatments and rituals, plus access to the sister spa at the Prince of Wales Hotel
- Hot springs and fitness centre
- Walking distance to the shops, parks, galleries, museums, restaurants, sightseeing and nightlife of Niagara-on-the-Lake