Nestled on the remote, rugged shores of the Haida Gwaii archipelago, a stay at the Ocean House is a chance to connect with nature and immerse yourself in the rich culture of the Haida people.
Situated in a sheltered bay, this enchanting floating lodge provides the perfect combination of adventure, culture and luxurious relaxation. You’ll find yourself in the midst of spruce and cedar forests, with access to unspoilt beaches and ancient village sites. Whilst an off-the-beaten-path escape, the property has all the home comforts and comes complete with its own theatre, library, steam room, sauna and complimentary Wi-Fi.
Activities at this 100% Haida-owned property include trekking, kayaking, stand-up-paddle boarding, wildlife watching and fascinating cultural tours. When you’re not exploring the archipelago, you can take the time to unwind with an in-house spa treatment or catch on up some reading in the plush lounge. The resident chef prepares tantalising and creative dishes inspired by local ingredients and utilising seasonal vegetables and fresh seafood.
Ocean House, at a glance
- Beautifully remote and eco-friendly wilderness lodge on the historic Haida Gwaii archipelago
- Off the west coast of British Columbia, enclosed by the tranquil waters of Peel Inlet
- A total of 12 cosy and well-furnished guestrooms
- Delicious meals prepared with fresh, seasonal and locally sourced produce
- Comfortable bar and lounge area
- 100% Haida-owned
- Sister property to Haida House
- No road access, can only be reached by plane and helicopter
For leisure and pleasure
- 3, 4, and 7-night eco-adventure travel packages
- Cultural activities including visiting ancient village sites and traditional banquets
- Kayaking and stand-up paddle boarding
- Wildlife viewing and guided walks
- Scenic float plane and helicopter tours
- Gym, sauna and steam rooms
- Spa where you can enjoy massages, facials and nature-inspired treatments
- Library and theatre
- Gift shop showcasing local art and products