El Encanto, A Belmond Hotel is an irresistible landmark hotel, standing high on the rolling hills above Santa Barbara – overlooking the town and the sparkling Pacific Ocean.
This hotel has been one of the landmark features of Santa Barbara since the ultimately stylish era of the 1920s, and today it is still as glamorous as ever. It stands aloof from the town, on a hillside with fabulous views of the Pacific. Its suites and bungalows nestle amongst seven acres of flora-rich gardens, landscaped to make the most of the panoramas, and are enhanced by many of the resort’s original architectural features.
So, by making sure you stay at the El Encanto, A Belmond Hotel on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to the USA, you’ll have the best of all worlds. The coolest town in California will be at your feet, an impeccable beach will be within easy reach and you can wrap yourself in the exclusive glamour of a five star resort.
El Encanto, at a glance
- The only Forbes Five Star resort in Santa Barbara
- Nestling amongst the hills overlooking the town, just nine miles from the airport
- Choice of 92 luxurious suites and bungalows
- Suites decorated in chic California Craftsman style, the bungalows are Spanish Revival
- Marble bathrooms with heated stone floors
- Enchanting garden or ocean views
- Most bungalows have furnished, private patios and cosy fireplaces
- Superb restaurant, bar and lounge
For leisure and pleasure
- Infinity edge swimming pool with views over the ocean
- Boutique spa with an exemplary choice of treatments, rituals and pampering
- Fitness studio featuring the latest cardio equipment and kinesis stations
- Seven acres of landscaped and tended gardens, including rare indigenous flora
- Range of water sports including enthralling cave diving adventures
- The shops, restaurants, bars, galleries, cultural events and nightlife of Santa Barbara are at your feet