Step outside Shutters and feel fine sand between your toes. Just one of the joys of staying in a Californian beach house, with the amenities of a luxury hotel.
After a day’s hectic sightseeing in Los Angeles, a tour of movie stars’ palaces in Beverley Hills and a frenzy of shopping in the city’s world class stores, it’s time to relax. And, if you had the foresight to reserve a stay in Shutters on the Beach as part of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to the USA, you can do it in some style. Whatever style of relaxation suits your mood.
You can step directly onto the white sand of Santa Monica’s fine beach, and stroll along the water’s edge, the waves lapping at your toes. You can kick back in the Living Room lounge, cocktail in hand, and gaze at the ocean. You can try a yoga session or massage. Or simply indulge in a deeply satisfying dinner.
Shutters on the Beach, at a glance
- Exclusive hotel on the beachfront at Santa Monica
- Easy access to Los Angeles International Airport
- Choice of superior, deluxe, spa and ocean view rooms, plus ocean and Pacific view, Santa Monica and beach house suites
- Classic California-style décor throughout, with Art Deco furnishings
- Designer en suite bathrooms - spa rooms have four-person Jacuzzis
- Some rooms and most suites have great ocean views
- Many with private balconies
- Entertainment centres, flat screen TVs and in-room libraries
- Two charming, laid back restaurants plus the graceful Living Room lounge
For leisure and pleasure
- Immediate access to Santa Monica’s immaculate beach
- Large pool with extensive sun deck
- Beach-side spa which reflects the Californian preoccupation with wellness and pampering
- Fitness centre with indoor and outdoor facilities
- Yoga on the sand and massage
- Cycle the Malibu to Manhattan Beach Bike Path
- Paddle tennis and volleyball
- Marina del Rey, Beverley Hills and downtown Los Angeles within easy reach