A new addition to the tropical getaway of Koh Rong, Cambodia’s second largest island, the Royal Sands provides the ultimate escape.
Choose to stay at The Royal Sands and you’ll find the resort couldn’t have selected a better location. In addition to gorgeous balmy weather, Koh Rong boasts 27 miles of powder-soft beaches, all lapped by warm and clear waters. These teem with an abundance of colourful fish and coral, making for truly incredible snorkelling and scuba diving. The island’s interior is dominated by a dense jungle where you’ll be able to trek in search of exotic wildlife and countless birds. Kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding and mountain biking also make the list of activities on offer.
Back at the resort you’ll find a superb selection of facilities, from the stunning infinity edge pool to the outdoor yoga ‘sala’ which has a great view of the island’s mountains. There’s also a fitness centre and tranquil spa – book a room with a glass floor for a chance to watch the tropical fish below. The 67 stylish, freestanding villas are equally inviting, all with uncluttered and spacious bedrooms, bathrooms with outdoor rain showers and dazzling views.
The Royal Sands, at a glance
- Luxury resort on the Cambodian island of Koh Rong
- 67 freestanding villas with large bedrooms and bathrooms, indoor and outdoor rain showers and tropical décor
- Light, modern interiors with a mix of indoor and outdoor spaces
- Bedrooms are positioned to allow you to enjoy beautiful views from the comfort of your own bed
- Ocean Restaurant for buffet breakfasts and romantic, candle-lit dinners
- The Chill for light lunches, ocean-front dinners, BBQ, chilled beers, tropical cocktails and freshly squeezed juices
For leisure and pleasure
- Pamper yourself at the lavish SensesSpa offering a variety of traditional and modern therapies
- Infinity edge swimming pool
- Fitness Centre well equipped with treadmills, free weights and exercise machines
- Wide range of water-based activities including kayaking, fishing and stand-up paddle boarding
- The resort has its own PADI Dive Centre and is within easy reach of numerous snorkelling and scuba diving spots
- Spend a day island hopping to discover hidden bays and unspoiled locations
- Mountain biking and trekking